May 6, 2009

Transition Day!!!

Today was the preschoolers transition day at the elementary school! I was sure impressed that the kindergarten class came in and read a book to us. Their teacher seems very regimented. I sure hope she is sweet to the kids as well. I can't believe this August Brooklyn will be going to school from 8am-3:10pm Monday through Friday. That just seems like such a long time for Kindergartners! They get their own lockers and everything. Boy the principal wasn't kidding when he said they expect more out of our kids then they did when we were kids.

Brooklyn ate the whole experience up! She latched on to her kindergarten partner and loved answering questions from the teacher. Some of the parents are still so hesitant to let their kids move on to the big school. I must be a bad mom because I am so excited for Brook. I really think she will be happy there. I love to see her grow and see her excitement as she learns something new.




5 comments:

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

No Candi don't do it!! Don't let her go! I will have 2 nieces in Elementary School! I can't be that old! I hate that all the babies are growing up so fast!

Kerri said...

If you move back to Easton, you can have the kindergarten of your childhood. Spencer only goes half days but he has learned how to read this year so it's a little tougher than it was when I was a kid.

Amanda said...

She will do great. Don't worry about what other parents are doing. I had to learn that at the very first. Your her mother and you know what is best for her. Once she is going you won't know what to do with yourself. :))

Elaine said...

In CT they start K at 4 so when we moved Thula had to start K much to my horror-I just felt so unprepared for that transition. But I think true to form it's usually harder for the parents to let go while the kids are excited. Thula has enjoyed K, but they do have to do so much more. I cannot believe that they learn to read! So this past year I have heard a little more grumbling about homework from her than I expected, but that's okay. Her school did only half day K so that was good, next year it's all day though and I'm feeling sad about that. They grow up so fast!:-)

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

Oh!! How exciting and sad! I don't want that day to come. That means shes really a big girl. haha Man, I can't believe she old enough for school. where does the time go? Thank you for your help. Seriously, yesterday was the worst day ever! I woke up in a bad mood and then with our accidents I was like ok she can stay in diapers till shes 30! haha I was just so disappointed cause the day before she did sooo well. I just think its probably still not time. thats ok as along as shes done before the baby i'm good. haha thank you again for your help!