May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!



Happy mother's day! Jer got home from hotline school on Friday. He gave me my mother's day gift early since I would be gone Saturday for a stake relief society meeting. We know that Sundays are always hectic in our house with getting ready for Church.

What a surprise! Jer gave me this crock pot with a mini dip crock pot. We had a slow cooker once upon a time but somehow we lost it in one of our moves. I love it! Sunday morning I made my first dinner in it. Yummy! Thanks honey for listening to my little hints even when I don't think you hear me. Of course I think his card might have been my favorite it read...

TO MY WIFE

You Know What I Love about You? A WHole Bunch of things, Like: You Don't own an "I'm with Stupid shirt" You never Packed Up and moved WHile I was out. You're the perfect balance of sexy wife and competent mother. You complete me. (I'm not sure what that means but I saw it in a movie once.) You've come to accept my wind-Breaking for the Beautiful natural act that it is. And you know what else I Love about You? Everything!!!

I look forward to Jer's cards every year because they just seem to speak about everything that we are going through at that time. He's the perfect card picker outer. haha Thanks sweetheart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be lost without my crockpot - we would probably be stuck eating sandwiches or hot dogs if I didn't have one. I use it at least three days a week.

Tonight was beef, cabbage, celery, onion, carrot, potato soup. It was yummy. Really cheap too since it was leftover roast (also cooked in the cp!)

I also make a cranberry chicken recipe with french dressing that is always popular. It is on 3/24 on my blog - super good.

Really funny card - love the "you complete me" line. It was such a cheesy movie. Your hubby sounds like he is tons of fun!

Happy Mother's day to you!