November 1, 2012

Our Halloween 2012!









Well Halloween was quite an interesting affair this year. All was smooth until the older kids came home from school, then it was a mad dash to hurry and get changed into costumes and rush over to the Main Street Park to begin trick or treating down the street.

Dallas decided he did not want to wear his costume one bit and proceeded to knock the wind out of me. He decided it wasn't so bad when I didn't make him wear the mask. Mason and Brooklyn were big helpers and got dressed into their hero costumes on their own since I was pretty busy. Mason went as Batman and Brooklyn as a firefighter girl! It was chaotic at times but we managed to stay together to all the stores.

The kids really loved stopping by daddy's work and seeing him and the ghost towns they made. Usually my favorite part of trick or treating down main street is to stop by the Nursing Center there but they ran out of candy before we got there. We did go in to just say hello but the residents kept telling us to just come back. They didn't understand that we didn't mind not having candy.

Afterwards I ended up at the park while the kids played for a bit. While at the park, Brooklyn accidentally broke a cowboy friend's gun. She felt so badly that she broke down crying to and begged me to give her candy away. I tried to calm her and she told the cowboy's mother sorry. Aw we were leaving the park, I lost my camera. I was so upset with myself! I practically live with my camera. It is not fancy but it is the one thing that I do consistently. I take pictures of my family! We went back and tried to look but no one had seen it.

I stopped back by Jer's work and he came to help me look. Luckily a kind woman found it and gave it back.  (One reason to be grateful for small towns.)

We went home to eat some dinner before taking the kids to a couple friend's homes to trick or treat. As we were driving I told Jeremiah to slow down. He argued back that he wasn't even going above the speed limit and proceeded to press the gas a little too hard. We passed a policeman who was on the corner and he stopped us right away. He called it "excessive acceleration" even though we weren't speeding. I thought I'd help out by saying it was my fault for arguing. That is when the policeman said "oh so I can give you a citation for distracting the driver?" Luckily he didn't, and we left with just a warning. We went to a couple houses but by that time, I was completely out of the Halloween mood. Maybe next year will be better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello can I reference some of the material here in this entry if I reference you with a link back to your site?

Candi said...

i guess that should be fine

Amanda said...

Candi who is wanting to share your info? ha ha Looks like the kids had a great time trick or treating. It seems like once one thing goes wrong the whole day is ruined. Kids looked cute in their costumes.