November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!







Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! This year, I am so grateful for awesome family and friends that we have in our lives. We have a home of our own and chickens and for the most part, everyone is happy and healthy. I feel very thankful this year!

We had Jer's mom and dad come over as well as our friends the Luceros. We weren't as cramped as I thought we would be and I felt pretty comfortable. We served the food buffet style and the kids sat at a foldable table. Everyone ate a lot, laughed a lot and had a good time. Jer cooked the turkey on the Tregar grill again this year with maple wood chips. It was very yummy! Jer's mom brought frogeye salad and sweet potatoes, Janae made some yummy deserts and mashed potatoes, while I made rolls, stuffing, green beans with bacon and onions, gravy, pumpkin pie and cherry cheesecake. We had plenty to eat and lots of left overs. It might have been a little overkill. Ha ha! I am just glad we had someone to share it with since last year we were all by ourselves for Thanksgiving.

Since the Lucero family came to our house on Thursday, we returned the favor by eating their Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. It was very good. I love to see all the different traditions families have! Although everything was amazing, I can officially say, I am 100 percent turkied out! hehe!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!


No comments: