October 16, 2012

Back to School!

Well after 2+ years of schooling online, we have decided to put the kids back into school. It has been difficult since this school year began. I became increasingly overwhelmed and just did not feel like the kids were able to learn as well as they had the previous year. I was constantly stopping to make sure Dallas (monster) wasn't getting into anything. I would feel like I was giving one or the other child most of my focus but I just couldn't give them both the focus they deserved at the same time. Plus, the amount of school work was insane for two full time students and a toddler. My home suffered, and so did my patience.

It is crazy how relieved I felt as soon as I registered them back into school. At the same time I felt like such a failure and quitter. I know it was just me putting too much onto myself because the kids have been rock stars! They just roll with the punches. If I had chosen to keep them at home longer, they would have been so willing to do that.

As it is, they are so excited to be back at school. I dropped them both off today and Brooklyn was immediately surrounded by a bunch of her old classmates who each hugged her and asked if she remembers them. A few moms gave me big grins and asked if we were back. I had to stop myself from thinking negatively about how they were probably judging me because I know they were just being sweet.

We made it through today and both kids had a wonderful day! I was happy to realize that I do have more time now, Even though I don't quite know what to do with it yet.

 Jeremiah and I took Dallas out to lunch at our local sandwich place Coldstone. That was a treat!




No comments: