August 27, 2012

Road Trip: Day one!



July 22nd

Well, our intended target for the 1st night was Las Vegas. We only got as far as Grand Junction, Co because our little Monster got car sick. We had to make an emergency pit stop, clean it up as best we could then we stopped for dinner. After dinner it was pretty late so I asked jer to find us a hotel on his ipad. I told him anything as long as it has laundry facilities! Well, jer found a place to stay all right and it was the grossest inn I have ever seen. There were cigarette burns on the bedding, splatters of some fluid on the walls and black stuff growing on the carpet and baseboards. I was afraid to let the kids bare feet touch the floor. Luckily the sheets looked clean enough so we slept in  just the sheets and I cleaned the carseat and clothing in the sink because there was NOT any laundry facility!!! Needless to say, we hopped right up in the morning and high tailed it out of there ASAP!

No comments: