June 20, 2011

Socializing!

      We have lived in Akron for 4 years now! June 11th was our 4 year anniversary. I will be the first to admit that I didn't like it here in the beginning. It was completely out of my comfort zone. We live 30 minutes from any civilization and shopping. When I say shopping, I mean Walmart! Oh yeah, we are big time here!
At first it wasn't so bad because we had Jer's parents and our sister and brother in law here to do things with. After they moved I got really depressed and lonely. I would have done just about anything to move out of here! It took me a couple years but I finally just learned to adjust to not having couple friends. We got used to just doing things as a family and not making an effort anymore. Once or twice a year we would go visit family. I've even learned to like it here in Akron. It grew on me I guess. :-)

This past weekend, we broke from that tradition and finally made some plans! Saturday we had the Reid family over. They are newer in our ward and *gasp* a young couple with two cute little girls! We had so much fun, I forgot how nice it was to do stuff with other couples. To laugh so hard, it makes you cry! :-)
Then on Sunday after church we invited our neighbors over, the Agans. We had talked about it forever and finally I got off my behind and asked. It was so great! The kids ran around while us adults talked and actually had a real conversation that didn't involve my son telling me about his bodily functions!!! Lol!

What I am saying is, I could totally get used to weekends like this!

Now I am off to prepare for my Pennsylvania trip. I need to...

  1. finish a baby sling for my friend. (I've been such a slacker!)
  2. I need to mail that same sling
  3. I have to make a list of everything I need to pack
  4. get birth certificates together for our plane/boat rides.
  5. do laundry
  6. pack

I'll be in PA this Saturday! I'm so nervous for the plane ride!! I hope I don't forget something!

No comments: