January 6, 2011

First ER Visit!

Last night was our first emergency trip to the ER. I think it was pretty good given we have 3 kids and its been almost 7 years.
Brooklyn and Mason were going through our nightly routine. Bath, Jammie's, and Books. They were sitting on Brooklyn's bed quietly when all of a sudden we hear a big bang! Jer and I rush into Brook's room to find Mason crying. He said he fell off of Brook's bed. We asked if he was okay and he said yes so we kinda brushed it aside and told him to just sit still and no horsing around. About 5 minutes later Mason walks up to me with red hands! That's when we noticed that Mason had hit his head pretty darn hard and he had a cut that was bleeding pretty good. I quickly got him dressed and we called Jer's parents and told them we were coming to Sterling to the ER. Dallas was already asleep so we thought it didn't make sense for all of us to go so Mason and I went to the Hospital while Jer stayed with Brooklyn and Dallas.
It was so nice to have Jer's mom sit with me. I wasn't nervous or anything but it was nice to have her there to talk to and help calm Mason. We were there until 10:30pm They cleaned his head up and then the Dr. put in a couple staples. The Dr.asked what happened and I said Mase was trying throw a book at his sister and fell off the bed. That's when Mason said, NO! I was trying to HIT Brooklyn with a book mom, not throw it! Ha ha! Well at least he's honest! Mason must have been really tired because we was really being silly. On the way home, Mase almost gave me a heart attack cause he just passed out suddenly, his head just dropped and he's always hard to wake up. He was really exhausted!
They gave him a warm blanket because he was cold. :-)






2 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor little guy. I sure miss having my mom and dad around to help out in these situtations. Glad you had company. Hope he is doing better today.

baileymom said...

That's quite the wound! And I laughed at his honesty. Hope it heals well for him.