January 18, 2011

A Combined Birthday Party!






Saturday night we get ready for the big combined Birthday party. Dallas turned 1 on the 12th and Brooklyn's Birthday was Sunday so we decided to celebrate them together this year. Saturday we ate Brook's requested Birthday dinner of speghetti with meatballs. I made a chocolate cake with sprinkles on top. We just drew a line down the middle and wrote happy birthday Brooklyn and happy birthday Dallas on either side. Then Brook and I decorated party hats for the kids before bed.
Sunday I was in such a hurry that I totally forgot my camera at home so thankfully Cindy said she'd take pictures for me. this is why so few pictures are posted.
We ate cake and opened presents at Jer's parent's house. Brook got a Furry Frenzies from Jer's parents, a shirt and vest from Amanda's family, sea monkeys from Mason and Dallas and a how to train your dragon movie from mom and dad.
Dallas got an outfit from Amanda's family, some trucks from Jer's mom and dad, building blocks from Brook and Mason and a car that he can either push or sit on from mom and dad.
It was quick but kind of nice to have them share. Brook sure loved the idea. Maybe next year they will have their own though.
I wish I had a picture of Dallas eating his cake because he was such a muncher! So funny! I'll post more pics when I get them back.

1 comment: